Did you know that the bacteria that live in your gut play an important role in your weight loss efforts? If you have been trying to lose weight in Tucson
and haven’t been successful, it might be time to look at your gut health. Keep reading to discover how a healthy gut can help you lose weight and what you can do to improve your gut health.
Benefits of a Healthy Gut
Not all types of bacteria are bad! In fact, the body contains many different types of bacteria that are designed to help it perform tasks and maintain health. The bacteria that live in your gut play a role in how your body digests food as well as how hungry or full you feel. Having a healthy gut can bring along many weight loss-related benefits, such as:
- Decreased appetite. Hormones are responsible for making you feel hungry or full, but the bacteria in your gut can affect the production of these hormones. A healthy gut can keep you feeling fuller longer.
- Less fatigue. Most of the body’s serotonin is produced in the gut. Since this hormone affects sleep, an unbalanced gut can result in poor sleep, insomnia, and other issues. Improving your gut health will help you enjoy more restful sleep, which can help with your Tucson weight loss journey.
- More energy. Along with helping you get better sleep; a healthy gut can also help you enjoy more energy. Having more energy makes it easier to exercise regularly!
- Less bloating. The bacteria in your gut can also impact gas, or rather, the movement of gas. Certain types of bacteria can slow down this movement, causing you to feel bloated.
- Better immunity. Your immune system also relies heavily on the bacteria in your gut. When you have a healthy gut, it helps keep your immune system running efficiently.
- Healthier aging. It is normal for gut bacteria to become less effective as we get older. Luckily, improving your gut health can help prevent a variety of age-related changes, such as inflammation and intestinal issues.
How to Improve Your Gut Health
Now that you know the benefits of having a healthy gut, you can focus on improving your own gut health. Work with a Tucson medical weight loss coach to take these steps toward improving the health of your gut:
- Improve your eating habits. Your diet impacts the health of your gut, so it’s important to make sure you’re getting the right nutrients and avoiding processed goods.
- Complete a medical gut cleanse. Your medical weight loss coach can work with you to create a cleanse that involves the right nutrients, vitamins, and enzymes to restore and revive your gut.
- Improve micro flora health. Getting the right nutrients and supplements can improve your micro flora health. You can improve it even more by taking probiotics available from WildBerryMD.
- Check for food allergies. Consuming foods that you are allergic to or intolerant of can lead to numerous digestive issues. Checking for food allergies will help you learn which foods to avoid for optimal gut health.
Make a difference in your life with the help of our medical wellness experts and coaches. Browse our website to learn about our services and products, including our online Tucson weight loss plans. Call us at (520) 762-1557 for more information or follow us on Facebook
for weight loss tips and regular updates.