Losing weight can be difficult, especially when it comes to stubborn belly fat – but don’t lose hope! If you want to lose belly fat, first it’s important to understand what could be contributing to it. From there, you can motivate yourself to make some lifestyle changes and start burning belly fat in just 30 days.
What Causes Belly Fat?
People gain belly fat for many different reasons. Here are some common causes of belly fat:
- Unhealthy Diet – Consuming sugary foods and beverages can slow down your metabolism and lead to weight gain. Processed foods, such as chips and frozen meals, are unhealthy as well since they tend to have low nutritional value and high calories. Consuming an excessive amount of carbs is also a common factor in weight gain, so you may want to think twice before eating that pasta and garlic bread.
- Lack of Exercise – Although this probably comes as no surprise, it’s still hard to hear! Lack of exercise is linked to weight gain. People who regularly consume more calories than they burn will start to notice they’re gaining weight.
- Drinking Alcohol – Alcohol contains many calories, especially when it’s paired with sugary mixers. Over time, these extra calories can add up and contribute to belly fat.
- Lack of Sleep – Not getting enough restful sleep is often associated with weight gain. It can also put people in worse moods, making them more likely to indulge in emotional eating.
- Hormones – Hormonal imbalances can happen for a variety of reasons, which then contribute to weight gain. Environmental conditions, prolonged stress, or medications can throw your hormones off balance. It could also be something completely unavoidable, such as an underactive thyroid or menopause. Women’s estrogen levels fluctuate while they’re going through menopause, which can lead to stubborn belly fat.
- Adrenal Fatigue – Adrenal glands produce many important hormones, so when they aren’t making enough of one or more of these hormones, it throws your body off balance. This can lead to a variety of symptoms, including salt and sugar cravings, fatigue, and trouble falling asleep. Since adrenal fatigue makes it more challenging to live a balanced lifestyle, it can definitely contribute to belly fat.
- Leaky Gut – This happens when an unhealthy gut has cracks or holes in it, so toxins and undigested food can get beneath it. Symptoms include fatigue, bloating, and headaches. All of these factors can make it more difficult to maintain an active lifestyle, potentially leading to weight gain.
How to Reduce Belly Fat and Feel Healthier
Although there are lots of factors that contribute to belly fat, the good news is that it’s possible to reduce belly fat in just 30 days. Here are some tips for losing belly fat:
- Exercise Regularly – Living a more active lifestyle is extremely important if you want to lose weight. Both cardio and strength exercises are great ways to shed those extra pounds and get more toned. Consistency is key in order to see results, so try your best to either work out for 30 minutes a day or do three 1-hour workouts per week.
- Eat Healthier – A balanced diet can improve your overall health, which often includes losing weight. Avoid foods that are processed, high in carbs, and/or sugary. Instead, try to maintain a healthy diet and enjoy nutritious snacks such as fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Get Restful Sleep – Both quality and quantity are important when it comes to getting restful sleep. Adults should make sure they’re getting around 8 hours of sleep per night, with minimal interruptions, so the body has time to recover and heal. Good sleep patterns are linked to better overall health and weight loss.
- Avoid Alcohol – Drinking excessive amounts of alcohol can contribute to weight gain, so it’s best to cut back on alcohol or avoid it entirely while attempting to lose belly fat.
- De-Stress – The stress hormone cortisol can cause people to eat more, but thankfully there are many ways to relax. You could try meditation, yoga, or reading, just to name a few.
- Go Gluten-Free for 30 Days – People who go gluten-free for 30 days may notice health benefits such as increased focus, higher energy levels, and better digestion. All of that extra energy can provide more motivation to live an active lifestyle and lose weight!
- Begin Healing Your Gut with an Anti-Inflammatory Diet – You can improve your gut health and start losing weight by eating anti-inflammatory foods. Here are some great anti-inflammatory foods to try: salmon, coconut oil, blueberries, turmeric, ginger, and leafy greens. Consistency is key to start seeing results with this diet, so don’t give up!
WildBerryMD Can Help You Lose Belly Fat
Belly fat is notoriously difficult to lose, so if you’re still having trouble with it, the weight loss coaches at WildBerryMD can help. We offer a variety of products and services that can help you see results, including:
- Fat burner / B12 injections
- Appetite suppressants
- 10-day detox
- AOD peptides and intermittent fasting
We specialize in weight loss and wellness, so we can give you the extra boost you need to start shedding weight fast. For more details on how our team of medical weight loss coaches and doctors can help you achieve your weight loss goals, give us a call at (520) 762-1557 or follow us on Facebook and Instagram.