Hormones play an important role in many of the body’s basic functions. This includes appetite, digestion, brain function, immune function, mood, libido, and more. It is normal for hormone levels to decrease as we get older, but this leaves many women and men feeling like they have no energy, more anxiety, and a lower sex drive, among other negative feelings. Natural hormone replacement therapy can help balance things out, providing a variety of benefits that impact mental and physical wellbeing.
Benefits of Hormone Therapy for Women
It is normal for women to experience a decrease in hormone levels as they get older and start going through perimenopause and menopause. But decreased hormone levels can also impact women in their 20s and 30s who have not started menopause yet. Hormone testing can help determine if you are experiencing a hormone deficiency. Bio-identical hormone therapy can provide many benefits, such as:
- Increased weight loss. A hormone imbalance can make women more likely to gain weight while also making it harder to lose weight. For example, women may gain weight if their estrogen levels are too low or too high. Balancing hormones with therapy can help women lose weight and keep it off.
- Improved vaginal issues. Imbalanced estrogen levels can also cause vaginal issues, such as dryness, irritation, and urinary incontinence. Seeing a Tucson hormone therapy specialist is a great way to resolve these imbalances and improve vaginal issues.
- Better sleep. Getting a good night’s rest is important for both mental and physical health. An imbalance in cortisol levels can lead to insomnia, making it hard to get the restful sleep your body needs. Reducing excessive cortisol levels with hormone therapy can help you get the better sleep you deserve!
- Better mental health. Along with insomnia, excessive cortisol levels can also cause or worsen issues such as stress, anxiety, and fatigue. Hormone therapy can help women who are experiencing increased cortisol levels, helping to reduce anxiety and fatigue and improve mental wellness.
Benefits of Hormone Therapy for Men
While women experience menopause as they get older, men experience a similar process that also causes a decrease in hormone levels called andropause. Testosterone levels start to naturally decrease as men enter their 30s, which can have both physical and mental effects on men as they continue to get older. Hormone therapy offers benefits such as:
- More muscle mass. Testosterone is the hormone that helps build muscle mass, which is why men can experience a loss of muscle as they get older. Hormone therapy can improve testosterone levels to help with this concern.
- Enhanced strength. Lowered testosterone can also have a negative impact on strength and endurance. Men who are concerned about their strength and endurance can visit a hormone therapy specialist for treatment.
- Increased weight loss. It is common for men to gain weight and body fat as they get older. Undergoing hormone therapy to balance testosterone levels can help men get rid of this excess body fat and make it easier to maintain a healthy weight.
- Increased sex drive. Libido and sexual performance can be negatively impacted by hormonal imbalances. Luckily, hormone therapy can help men regain their sex drive and enjoy improved sexual performance.
Take the first step with the female hormone assessment or male hormone assessment on our site. If you would like to learn more about hormone therapy in Tucson, you can speak with an expert physician at WildBerryMD. We specialize in natural hormone replacement therapy for men and women. You can call us at (520) 762-1557 follow us on Facebook and Instagram for more information about hormone therapy and our other health and wellness services.
Get your first appointment for just $99 with our February special (regularly $179). And don’t miss our Botox and Fillers Specials!