Trying to lose weight is not an easy journey. There are countless diets and routines all claiming to be the most effective. The truth is, everyone is different, and their weight loss journey will look different.
At WildBerryMD, we understand that everyone’s weight loss journey has its own timeline. We’re not here to help you fit a mold with some quick fixes, we are here to help you achieve sustainable weight loss and real lifestyle changes. That’s why we’ve compiled this list of 5 methods for setting weight loss goals you can actually achieve.
5 Methods for Setting Weight Loss Goals You Can Achieve
1: Set a SMART Goal
When setting a weight loss goal, you need to set a SMART goal. A SMART goal consists of the following characteristics:
- Specific: Be clear about what you want to achieve. A goal shouldn’t be “I want to change”, it should consist of the specifics of what you want to achieve. Do you want to lose weight? Do you want to lose weight and run a mile? Whatever your goal is, make sure it is specific.
- Measurable: By making your goal measurable, you can track your progress over time. If your goal is to lose weight, set an amount. Maybe it’s 10 pounds, 20 pounds, or something more. By defining this amount, you can track your progress toward your goal.
- Attainable: A goal should be attainable. If you’re busy, do you have the time to work your goal into your busy schedule? Working with a lifestyle coach like the team at WildBerryMD will help you define when is attainable for your life.
- Realistic: Your goal should be ambitious, but realistic. It’s not realistic (or healthy) to lose 100 pounds in one month, but it is realistic to lose that amount of weight over a larger time period. When setting a goal, make sure it is one that you can actually achieve.
- Time-Bound: Finally, set a timeline for your goal. As mentioned above, sustainable weight loss takes time. Set milestones, maybe every 10 pounds every few months, that help you stay on track to your end goal. You’ll be amazed at what you can achieve when you stay on track over a period of time.
Making sure that your goal is a SMART goal will ensure that you have a timeline for success and that success is defined and measurable. Contact our team at WildBerryMD
to get started on your weight loss journey today!
2: Work Towards Your Goal by Deciding Your Diet Strategy
A great workout plan can help you achieve your weight loss goals, but a diet is extremely important for weight loss. In this article from Healthline
, you can see that a good balance of diet and exercise is how you can achieve your weight loss goals
A calorie deficit is a great tool for weight loss. If you’re eating too many calories, your exercise may not be enough to shed some pounds. Do your research and choose a diet plan that works for you.
3: Set a Weight Loss Goal by Building a Workout Plan
Getting plenty of exercise will accelerate your weight loss. By developing a workout plan, you’ll be able to determine your weight loss goal and a realistic timeline for it. For example, if your plan is to begin walking daily and work up to jogging or eventually running a mile, you’ll be able to see how losing weight can move you toward that goal.
This method of setting a weight loss goal is great, but you’ll also see how getting more exercise will improve all aspects of your life. You’ll feel better, sleep better, and improve your overall health.
4: Change Your Perspective
When setting your weight loss goal, you need to make sure you have the right perspective. Oftentimes, people try to lose weight due to insecurities or because someone has told them to. The truth is, you don’t need to change for anyone, and you shouldn’t develop a weight loss goal to please someone else.
Your weight loss goal should be set for you and only you. Losing weight will make you feel great and improve your health. When you develop a goal that benefits yourself and not others, you’ll discover how motivated you will be.
5: Make Sure You’re Ready to Set a New Goal
Are you ready to achieve your goal? Weight loss is not an immediate thing, it’s a journey. Losing weight takes time and it’s hard work. Preparing yourself for change is almost as important as the change itself.
You can’t expect to lose 10 pounds overnight, you need to make sure you’re ready to commit to a long-term lifestyle change. Work with a lifestyle coach
to learn how you can prepare yourself for this journey and achieve your goals.
Start Your Weight Loss Journey with WildBerryMD
Now that you know the best methods to set your weight loss goals, work with the experts to help achieve those goals. At WildBerryMD, we offer a range of services to help you determine your needs and how we can safely and effectively meet your goals. With products like Semaglutide (GLP-1)
to help accelerate your weight loss, you’ll achieve your goals faster than you could imagine.
If you’re ready to start, contact us at WildBerryMD
today. We’ll help you reach a happier and healthier version of yourself.