When it comes to losing weight, there is an emphasis placed on exercise and burning calories. Diet, however, plays a very important role in losing weight, and in making sure that the weight you worked so hard to lose stays gone!
Top 5 Vegetables for Weight Loss
Weight gain is commonly caused by eating the wrong foods for your body. Foods that are high in carbs and sugar or fried and overly processed can lead to inflammation and weight gain, and make weight loss more difficult. Eating a balanced diet filled with vegetables and good carbs will help reduce inflammation and encourage weight loss. To get you started, WildBerryMD has made a list of our top five foods that can help you in achieving your weight loss goals.
- Leafy Greens – Leafy greens are nutritional powerhouses that are high in fiber and low in calories. Adding them to your diet as part of a salad or blended in a smoothie will provided you with the nutrition you need and keep you from overeating. Kale, spinach, and broccoli are all great options that are high in antioxidants.
- Avocados – Avocados are an excellent source of good fats and also aid in fat burning. They are also high in fiber and will help keep your cravings at bay.
- Celery – Long touted as a diet food, celery is very fibrous and low in calories, which makes it an excellent snack if you’re more of a grazer and tend to snack throughout the day.
- Cabbage – As another vegetable that is low in calories but high in fiber, cabbage is great for helping you feel fuller longer.
- Zucchini – Zucchini is another healthy choice that is low in calories, high in fiber, and full of antioxidants. It is also a great source of manganese and vitamin B6, both of which aid in metabolic processes.
Top 5 Carbs for Weight Loss
Carbs are often given a bad rap when it comes to weight loss. Carbohydrates are an important part of a nutritional diet because they provide us with energy. It is important to note that not all carbohydrates are created equal, and if you are trying to lose weight, it is best to avoid simple carbs in favor of complex ones that are low on the glycemic index. Here is a list of our top five carbs for weight loss.
- Quinoa – Adding quinoa to your diet can help you get more vitamins, minerals, and protein. It is also rich in fiber, which makes it easy to feel satisfied longer and not have constant cravings throughout the day.
- Sweet Potatoes – Sweet potatoes are an excellent source of fiber and antioxidants and can replace potatoes in most dishes. They are digested slowly and will keep you feeling full and energized for longer.
- Gluten Free Oats – Gluten free oats are an incredibly versatile carbohydrate that can be ground into flour, made into milk, or just eaten at breakfast!
- Garbanzo Beans – Also known as chickpeas, garbanzo beans offer a great source of protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals. These nutrients can help you feel fuller longer and can also help with digestion.
- Blueberries – Blueberries are a popular and tasty superfood packed with antioxidants and vitamins. They also contain special flavonoids that help you lose weight.
Schedule an Appointment with WildBerryMD
If you are looking to lose weight and need guidance, contact the team at WildberryMD today! We have a team of medical weight loss doctors and coaches that are ready to help you meet your goals! We also have an incredible anti-inflammatory diet plan and a gut health diet plan.