Are you having a hard time losing weight? Even with regular exercise, you might find that it is difficult to lose weight and keep it off for good. This can be due to a hormonal imbalance, along with your diet. Luckily, hormone balancing in Tucson and learning to adapt to our highly popular anti-inflammatory diet can help you achieve your weight loss goals and keep the weight off.
How can hormonal imbalances and poor diet cause weight gain?There are many ways that hormonal imbalances and poor diet choices can affect your weight and overall health:
High Estrogen Levels
- High estrogen levels can lead to weight gain. Women may experience high levels of estrogen naturally or because of consuming or being exposed to a variety of external sources. These include certain types of medication, such as birth control pills as well as foods that have been injected with growth hormones or are not properly cleaned of pesticides. Using plastics and being exposed to heavy metals can also mimic the properties of estrogen, causing the body to produce more of this hormone.
Low Testosterone Levels
- On the opposite side of the spectrum, low testosterone levels can also lead to weight gain. That is because this hormone significantly impacts the metabolism, so lower testosterone levels can cause the metabolism to slow down, making it harder to maintain a healthy weight. This also makes it difficult to build muscle mass and feel motivated to exercise. Low testosterone levels can also occur naturally or be caused by short-term or long-term illnesses, medications (like opioids), alcohol abuse, inflammatory conditions, and more.
- Thyroid issues may also be to blame for weight gain. Even if your thyroid is in the normal range, other numbers that influence your thyroid function may not be optimized. This includes the T3, T4, Reverse T3, and antibody TPO, which is why it is important to undergo detailed testing. If these other numbers are not optimized, your thyroid may not be functioning properly. This can slow down your metabolism, lower your energy levels, negatively impact your gut, and make it more difficult to maintain a healthy weight.
Increased Cortisol Levels
- Cortisol is another hormone that can impact your ability to lose weight. This hormone is known as the stress hormone because the adrenals release cortisol as a response to stress. When too much cortisol is released, the body can suffer from adrenal fatigue that makes it more difficult to lose weight and keep it off.
- Diet also significantly impacts the body’s ability to lose weight. A diet that is high in sugars, processed foods, and fried foods can cause insulin resistance—which makes the cells unable to absorb blood sugar and utilize it for energy. As a result, the pancreas produces more insulin, which causes blood sugar levels to rise. This can cause the body to store extra fat while increasing the risk of developing prediabetes and diabetes.
How can WildBerryMD’s top 5 programs for weight loss help you?Our medical weight loss coaches and doctors at WildBerryMD work with you to find the root cause of any weight and health issues in order to develop a customized plan for each patient we see. That is why we focus on hormone balancing as well as eating plans to help our patients lose weight and learn how to keep it off. Take a closer look at our top 5 programs that can help with these goals:
- Prescription Based or Natural Appetite Suppressants with Clean Healthy Diet. If your cravings feel out of control, we can include a prescription-based or natural appetite suppressant with your healthy diet plan. This can help you lose up to 10 pounds per month and learn to change your lifestyle, so you feel like you have more control over your eating habits.
- Fatburner/B12 Injections. These injections can help speed up the removal of fat within the liver. This promotes fat loss, increases energy, and nourishes the body with essential nutrients.
- Natural HCG Diet Plan. Human Chorionic Gonadotropin, or HCG, is a hormone that is produced in the body. Incorporating HCG into your diet plan can provide a boost to your weight loss efforts, allowing the body to target fat instead of muscle. Our natural HCG diet plan can help you lose up to 16 pounds per month and focus on fat loss.
- Bio-Identical Natural Hormone Therapy & Thyroid Optimization. We can help you find out if a hormonal imbalance is to blame for your weight gain, fatigue, low motivation, muscle loss, and other issues. We offer bio-identical natural hormone therapy to help women and men who are dealing with hormonal imbalances. This can help you lose weight, feel more energetic, and enjoy a better quality of life.
- 10-Day Detox. If you are ready to really kickstart your weight loss efforts, you can do our 10-day detox. This detox is designed to cleanse your liver, gut, and body. You can lose up to 8 pounds in 10 days.